These are the TOP 7 findings from the 2016 Big Data Analytics and Digital Marketing Latam Report:
- Struggle converting decisions into actions: While 98% of companies carry out digital marketing actions and measure the results of these actions, 46% is able to generate findings with that information and only 12% is able to convert such findings into action.
- Moving towards big data with unexperienced people: It’s pretty surprising that 61% of companies choose to train current employees on issues that they don’t fully dominate.
- In the technology stage: LATAM is still struggling with technology, that can explain why they are still not able to make decisions with the information they already have.
- Low penetration of Big Data Solutions: The vast majority of Digital Marketing professionals interviewed (over 70%) prefer Google Analytics and Excel as their main tools to manipulate data and generate findings (insights).
- Content still the king: “Content and Creativity” is the Marketing Activity in which most companies (almost 22%) are investing big part of their marketing budgets.
- Programatic buyers taking more advantage of BDA: Companies investing more in programatic than in traditional buying are also those which invest heavier in Big Data Analytics.
- Latam SMBs taking advantage of online media: Probably because of budget advantages, or because the advantages of internet, SMBs are definitely focused on online marketing. Big companies are still with focused on Offline.