eMarketer has just presented a very interesting report called “US Digital Media Usage: A Snapshot of 2016” with an overall vision about how the content consumption will be changing in 2016.
Here is a summary of the most interesting insights:
- Growing rate in Internet will be slowing down. Comparing 2016 with 2015, Internet will grow 2.2%, Facebook in particular will grow 2.8% while Social Networks in general will grow 3.2%.
- The higher growing rates are now in Mobile, with a total growing rate of 8.6% and Twitter and Facebook growing 13.7% and 7.8% respectively.
- The video viewers in 2016 will be 210.4 MM while Smartphone video viewers will reach 116.4 with a growing rate of more that 10% (against 2015).
- Mobile Phone Gamers growing rate will reach almost 10% generating a market of more than 180MM of people.
- Almost 50% of all Tablets users in 2016 will be Ipad Users.